Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalebH92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
On Beta 2 and 3 I would get notifications from Twitter, but they wouldn't be mentions, retweets or direct messages, but tweets from people I follow. Not all of the people I follow, just 4 or 5 of them. It wouldn't happen all the time and not for every one of their tweets. I updated to beta 4 and this is still happening.

I've tried removing the app and reinstalling, signing out and signing back in. I've just removed the app completely from my phone and my mac and now I'm redownloading and syncing to see if that works. Is anyone else having similar issues?

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
On Beta 2 and 3 I would get notifications from Twitter, but they wouldn't be mentions, retweets or direct messages, but tweets from people I follow. Not all of the people I follow, just 4 or 5 of them. It wouldn't happen all the time and not for every one of their tweets. I updated to beta 4 and this is still happening.

I've tried removing the app and reinstalling, signing out and signing back in. I've just removed the app completely from my phone and my mac and now I'm redownloading and syncing to see if that works. Is anyone else having similar issues?

iOS 7 is a beta software, apps break sometimes, twitter needs to update their app whenever iOS 7 goes out to the public

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

Never come across this before.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
It must be within the twitter app. Check the notifications area inside the twitter app and remove all notifications if you don't want them.

Hope this helps.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
my response is the ultimate epitah of helpful information. it's pretty obvious the app broke. there is, and that's that.
Is it really obvious that's what's happening? Or perhaps some setting somewhere in the app or the service might be causing this?

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Sounds like you turned on tweet notifications. Go to twitter.com, go to your following and next to each person there is an icon with a head and a down arrow on it. Make sure you turn off notifications from the people you are getting them from.

Last edited:

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
Happened to me. Gotta go into the settings via twitter to turn it off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 108

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
OP, it sounds like you've got notifications for those 4-5 users turned on. To turn this on/off, you have to go to each of those user's profile, tap the little outline of a person (if you're in the phone app, I'm not sure about the website) and select "turn on/off notifications".

I've got them turned on for 3 people I follow from a sports blog, so I don't miss anything important that they may tweet.

CalebH92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013

Thanks a lot, this was the issue! It's so weird that the app would turn that feature on automatically.
When I went in to turn it off, the feature was off, the users listed were greyed out, but sure enough, the on button was ticked beside each on. I flicked the feature on and flicked off each user listed and then turned the feature off. Went back later and the list that was there had disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.