Getting one tomorrow - thoughts & ideas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kellen, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

So not in a hurry to get one, but I thought I might try tomorrow to pick one up.

Online all the stores around me say that they are out of stock (red).

Think its even worth it? Try the flagship store, as they may get more than the smaller stores?

I don't mind waiting, either till next week or in line, as I have studying to do that can be done.

Thoughts, ideas, stories on how you scored yours?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You could go to an AT&T store, no?

If you don't need it, why get it this week. Unless you want to buy it at an Apple store, just wait till next week when they get stock.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Depends on your distance to the store.

If it's a quick five minute drive, it couldn't hurt to go around lunchtime or so and see if a delivery was made that day.

But if it's a long drive, I'd just hold off until you know it's in stock.

4. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Really just have nothing to do tomorrow but study. I don't mind waiting, just something to do.

Was hoping someone would have a story or two of going to their store after the online indicator said they had none and they miraculously had some.

There is an AT&T store near the U-village location though.

5. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

4 within a 20 minute drive. Probably spend more on gas than the phone.

6. newyorksole macrumors 68020

My closest Apple store says there will only be 8GB models available. I am still going to go when it opens though. The next closest Apple store says they will have them all though, but that is a longer drive.

7. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Waiting right now.

I tried back to my mac from here. Well I found two peoples laptops, one wide open.

I also found the apple store lcd controller that shows who is next for a genius and such. They made it the easiest password in the world. I was controlling it and didn't know how to get out of the "screen saver". I hit escape and bam, it went to main computer screen. Luckily I saw the program on the desktop to reopen it, but it was a fun time. Wonder what I should do......