Getting out of "Accessory Attached" lockdown?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pw1500, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

I use my iphone as my source of music in my car, I use it with a pioneer 9800 headunit and ipod adadpter thingy. It works fine however i can only control the iphone through the headunit, the iphone shows the Accessory Attached lockdown screen.

Basically I was wondering if their was away to disable the lockdown screen, as id like to control my music using the iphone and see the pretty artwork because im a loser.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. pw1500 thread starter macrumors regular

pw1500

Probably, but its cool for passengers to control.

4. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

On my Alpine, I can't control the iPod function from the phone either, but hittng the home button clears the white accessory screen so I can use the phone or whatever else while the music plays.

5. pw1500 thread starter macrumors regular

pw1500

Do'nt suppose any1s still intrested in this?

But I figured this out, I just hold down the home button for about 5-10 secs well until the lock down screen disappears, then click back on ipod and it works yaaaaaaaaaaay!

6. fishtank22 macrumors member

This actually didnt work for me. I was hoping it would, but all it did was push an error to my alpine unit and the music started playing from the iphone speaker.

Bummer. Anyone else know of a way to control the songs from the ipod. Its WAY WAY WAY more dangerous to use the Alpine unit to find artists than it is to use the iphone screen.

7. KlausE macrumors newbie

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

and running an iPhone while driving is any safer? At least the head unit has tactile feedback and real buttons.