getting pics from my old iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjespo22, Nov 21, 2009.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i got a new iphone and i set it up as a new phone becuase i wanted it to be fresh but how do i get to the backup file of my old phone becuase i know all the pictures are on my computer somewhere i backed it up before i went to the apple store (they gave me a new phone)
    thanks

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Pretty sure that backups do not include photos any more than they include music or contacts. These are things that you set your phone up to sync with other applications on your desktop.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Exactly. The only pics that are backed are those in the camera roll.

4. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

thats what im talking about, i want to get the pics that i had in the camera roll i had over 500!:confused:

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can restore those pictures to your phone from your backup. That's the only way I know of getting data out of an iPhone backup.

6. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

the thing is i wanted to keep my new phone on a new backup just incase there was somehow a virus or something on my old backup. i got a new phone and im not having problems like i did with my old one but im not sure if it was something in the software.