Getting ready to sell an iP4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, May 9, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Not immedialte, as I don't plan on selling until the iP5 comes out, but I do have a few questions about selling a jailbroken / unlockable iP4. All of this assumes that I restore the phone as new to whatever iPSW and re-jailbreak (so none of my contacts, etc. are on the device)

• Is there any point in keeping my 1.59.00 baseband?

• My thought is that the new owner can downgrade to any firmware pre-iOS5 and have an unlocked iPhone if needed. Don't see the harm in leaving the baseband at 1.59.00 - thoughts?

• Does Cydia identify the device, or go by user account? How will this effect the new owner?

• Will the new user be able to fetch blobs from Cydia to restore to older firmwares and install/use packages previously purchased by me?

Thanks for any feedback - I just want to get a more complete understanding of this so that I can set things up to be the most beneficial for the next user.

2. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure the phone would sell better if you can get it unlocked through your provider. That way, baseband becomes a complete non issue.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you cannot get an IMEI unlock, preserve your unlockable baseband for resale value.

Cydia hashes are locked to the device.
    Your purchases go with you via your Google or Amazon account.

When you restore, use a No_BB IPSW and choose set up as new.

4. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thought of that, and I will probably go that route - but even if so, would there be any harm in leaving the 1.59.00 BB as-is even after factory unlock?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Once the factory unlock is applied and tested working, restore to current stock firmware to get rid of baseband mismatch issues.

6. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Makes sense.

7. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Many phones will have the cosmetic problem of only showing 1 bar without ultrasn0w installed because of the baseband mismatch.

8. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Yep - I have that issue, which is no big deal to me.