Getting Ready to Take the Plunge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WoodrowCall, Sep 20, 2010.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

All right, I'm getting ready to go trade my Droid X and Verizon in for an iPhone 4 and AT&T. I'm feeling confident that I'm making the right choice, but does anyone have anything to add before I go through with it??? Any comments, good or bad, are welcome!:)

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Only thing I regret in my switch to the iPhone was that I waited so long. Go for it and please download Minion Mayhem. I'm stuck on level 9 and can't find any help on it.

3. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely check it out!

4. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I think you still have 30 days to cancel if you're not happy with the phone or AT&T. My suggestion would be to keep your old phone active another week or two while you try out the iPhone. This way if you're not happy then you can just return it and go back to your old crappy phone. :D I think you will be in love with it once you hit that power button! Good Luck!

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

And angry birds! Angry birds rules! Most addictive game I have!!!

6. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Yeah, Angry Birds is one of the things that made me finally want to switch. It's not the game itself, but it's the fact that Angry Birds Beta is the best game on Android. Seriously, Android has been out for awhile now, and the best game we got was a Beta, kind of sad. Can't wait!:D

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Pick service first. Are you able to get good ATT service in your area?

Marc

8. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I've checked out the coverage map and talked with people who have AT&T in the area and it seems like it. Really, coverage is going to be better 90% of the time for me on AT&T, but not because of their service. I work at a school, and it has wifi, but that wifi is a proxy server, which my Android phone has never been able to access. However, I know that everyone in the school can join it, so that 8-10 hours/day I know that I'll have better coverage. Can I ask how your experience has been with coverage?

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

We live in Philadelphia. Been long time happy and satisifed ATT customers(att>cingular>att). Service is excellent in the Philly area.

Marc

10. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

All right, I picked it up last night...and I'm totally geeked out! I'm sure this newness will wear off, but the experience of the phone is sooo different/better than Android, imho. I was a Droid, then a Droid X user and everything on here seems so polished, and I hate to say it, but it really does just seem to work. As far as coverage goes, it's not as good so far, but not bad either. Near my house, which is a little out in the country, I switch to Edge when driving to work, but otherwise it's 3G. So far, no lack of coverage. I'll keep checking it out, but I'm a happy camper so far!

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

iOS doesn't have the bells and whistles like android. But in my opinion like you said it's more polished and it just works. To me it's just a more polished, simpler os.

But you checked Att coverage and found out it was decent, right?

Marc

12. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Yeah, I'm not sure about the bells and whistles, but it's great so far. You had to root your phone and install a ROM to get a battery percentage on the Droid X, for instance. And yeah, so far AT&T isn't as good as Verizon around where I live, but it's not much worse. I haven't lost a signal yet, just been dropped down to Edge, which is workable.