Getting ready to UG to IOS5 - What I gotta do?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XweAponX, Dec 17, 2011.

1. XweAponX macrumors newbie

Ive backed up all my apps, bought and otherwise obtained. I'm expecting to lose those apps, I'm not worried about it, I'll just buy the ones I think I need. The only problem is, I have database files related to those apps. I have iFile so I can move the DBs onto my hard drive and I can just reinstall iFile after I UG and Jailbreak... So I'm not worried about losing anything.

I've backed up my Winterboard Themes - The ones I want can be re-downloaded, but I saved em all on my HD anyway and I know how to re-create them, I know where the Themes folder resides- Unless IOS5 changes the directory structure.

This is what I want to know, I created a Theme that turned my iPhone into a Trek "PADD" (those lil things they always walked around with to carry data) - I changed all the sounds to the best sounds I could find, and I got all those and all the graphics saved. I THINK I'll be able to recreate the theme, but just in case, I have the names copied down so I can DL em again.

I've got Videos and Music files and Photo Projex that I created with various programs, some of em I'll lose when I UG. I AM in the process of Itemising the stuff and backing it all up. I need to know - Will this stuff all get lost when I UG and lose access to the App? Or will it still reside on the phone?

Basically it comes down to: Do I REALLY NEED IOS5, cos my Jailbreak and configuration already does a lot of what the new features do. Ive ALREADY got a cloud thing happening. An I have total access to my SBS settings, I can stop rotation in the blink of an eye, or turn it on. I can respiring at ANY time. I can shut off my WiFi OR my 3G. I got any lockscreen/Theme combo I want. The question is, does IOS5 give the device the ability to do 4G? And will I be able to install aminated Boot Screens? :(

I guess I'm just worried, cos I have it set up exactly how I like it. I don't wanna lose my config. Its the same thing as when I have to wipe a PC or MAC or UbuntU hard drive and reinstall the OS - I hate doin it, but sumptimes ya gotta do it! :/ :\

So, I got myself backed up - Check.
    I got my Themes bookmarked and Saved - Check
    I got my Data ready to copy from the device - Check

Anything else?

:eek::mad::apple::p:eek::apple:

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apple isn't signing 5.0 anymore you will need to have a shsh blob to do so... other then that if you want to upgrade it's up to you. person;y I'm happy I upgraded.