Getting really sick of Android's flaws

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joelovesapple, Jul 17, 2012.

1. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

So, are things really lighter on the IOS side of things? I am not due to upgrade my phone until March at the earliest, however I am purchasing an iPod Touch in the meantime to see how I take to IOS. I cannot wait to try out IOS 6 and all the other cool things this mobile OS has to offer.

My Android phone is really pissing me off however. It's the Samsung Galaxy S1 and it's pretty old now. I have only had one major update to the software in it's lifetime, and I feel behind the curve now because I'll be forever stuck on 2.3.3 (until I upgrade). I'm hoping that, if I have got a job in March, I'll be able to get the iPhone 5. (Long story short, I'm doing an Apprenticeship, and there's no job at the end; I was told at the very beginning).

I don't want to start a flame war between Android and IOS 5/6, but what are the main advantages with going down the IOS route? Would you ever switch to another mobile OS?

I appreciate the input, thanks! :)

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Apps that are well crafted.

Apps worth paying money for

Stability

Drop dead easy OS for consumers

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Any OS is going to have flaws, it'll depend what you want in a phone. In my experience (I use iOS and support both iOS and Android at work) iOS is much more stable and you are guaranteed upgrades longer vs Android. iOS also is known for much higher quality apps.

Android is a lot more tinker friendly than iOS so if you enjoy tinkering and customization more that stability and apps then you may prefer iOS over Android.

The best thing would be just to try one out for a little bit in a store. A store is kind of limited since they rarely have neat apps loaded but it may help you decide.

4. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

You can't really compare a Galaxy S1 with an iPhone, presumably an iPhone 4/4S running iOS5/6, mainly because the Galaxy SI is old/outdated/etc. I love everything Apple, but iOS has gotten to a point where it's dull to use. The 4 rows of icons really need an overhaul, and I'm not the only one saying this; however, Apple is top-notch when it comes aesthetics. :)

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

When I pull out my iPhone in public I feel like a badass!

[​IMG]