Getting rebates in store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Can you get things like the free iPod touch in an apple store, or does it have to be done online? Is it something that you purchase in store and then mail in a form? online form? Also, my college (my brothers) is not available on the online selector, if I bring in his student ID will we still get the discount? Worst comes to worst we can use the military discount, but the free iPod would help us pay for the machine..

2. joehahn macrumors regular

i got my mac and "free" ipod and printer in store

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

like right in store? no rebate forms or anything?

4. suekitch macrumors regular

In the UK it's all still by rebate, but you can still get the deals. You just have to buy the relevant items on the same receipt. Then mail that off, with labels from the items and the form from what you fill in online, and wait.

I was told the printer deal had stopped in one of the stores I go to though and I'm not convinced that was true; oh well.

I'm waiting for mine to go through now. I posted it two weeks ago Monday, it's arrived and processing, but there's some issue with the details I provided it seems. Bank stuff since I opted for that route - IBAN and SWIFTBICS and all that confuse me a bit.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

6. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

okay thanks everyone.

Does anyone know if they will give me the edu discount if I have any University ID? It isnt listed on apple, but I heard they give it to you sometimes even if you just say you are in college.

7. mdgolom macrumors 6502

You will need your student ID to get the education discount. They will verify that the school is on the approved list. If you're a new student, I believe an acceptance letter will work as well. There is a rebate for the printer and iPod Touch, but it's all done on-line and is pretty quick.

Hope this helps.

8. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

aww that sucks. Saginaw Valley State University doesn't come up as an accepted college, but the local community college does :(

9. BayouBengal macrumors regular

If you happened to take any classes at the community college during high school and have an ID you should be able to show them that. They don't do extensive background checks or anything. Valid ID and they typically trust that you're being legit.

10. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

nope, just my bro's current ID. Ill show them that, and hopefully them seeing it is a University they will just give it to us...

11. joehahn macrumors regular

i live in CT so i had to fill out the rebate forms online, but the giy allowed me to do it in store. i had to pay for them up front but after the rrbates kicked in last week it's like i only spent $1300 on my 15" MBP