Getting repair without genius bar reservation?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nick1516, May 30, 2010.

1. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Earlier today my macbook palm rest started to crack. Since this is a known issue I believe apple will fix it for free on my early 2009 macbook. I was going to go tomorrow since I don't have school but I guess you have to make a reservation 2 days in advance :confused:, will I even be able to talk to anybody about it without an appointment or should I try to go another time?

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depends on the store. Some are very busy, some are not.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...try going on line and making an apt... I've made appts on line same day in a store before... you never know how busy they are... you can also get wait listed in the store if your patient...

4. nick1516 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I did, the soonest I could make one was tuesday.

5. nick1516 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I called the apple store and they said I could just drop it off and it would be shipped off to be fixed(even though I heard it only took about 45 minutes and they could do it in store :confused:), is there anything besides backing up both my partitions that I should do before bringing it in(should I bother with putting the original hard drive and ram back in?).

6. nick1516 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Took it in earlier and they told me it would probably be a few days, but it was done within an hour:D, since they replaced the whole top case it got rid of an issue I was having with my trackpad, got to love good customer service.

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Excellent. In many surveys, Apple has some of the best customer service in the industry. Glad it was fixed :)

8. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Just be warned that the replacement top assembly will probably have the same issue. Apple doesn't solve the problem, but replaces it with a top panel with the same defect.
    Some people had the issue, and were told the new top is thicker. Well they then had the problem again.