getting replacement iPhone 4, what do i expect?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ruk110, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

I have had a number of irritating faults on my iPhone 4, so i'm returning it and getting a replacement phone on thursday. I'm not getting the full box but just a replacement unit. can i expect it to be a brand new unit or will it be a refurbished unit? Btw i thought id share my problems with anyone who can relate...

1. Unlock button at the top would sometimes flicker screen on and then straight off again straight away a few times before it stayed lit.

2. Randomly keeps putting itself on silent even though the silent switch is set to loud.

3. Tilt sensor stops working until phone reset (NOT switched off and back on)

4. Ill be using an app, such as messages or mail or a non apple app and the phone will at random chuck me out of the app and put me on the home screen

5. The phone will be sitting there and out of nowhere it will say this accessory is not supported on this device ( or something along those lines) p.s i checked the dock connector bit and it looked clean. (no bridging)

2. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I'm not sure if they'll be refurbished or new. (most likely refurbished)

Either way, it looks like new and will probably work much better compared to the one that you have now.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

They will take your defective phone and give you a replacement. They will not give you new packaging or accessories, nor do you have to bring your original packaging or accessories. Your replacement iPhone should be indistinguishable from a brand new phone--gleaming and flawless.

And remember...

4. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

oh thats good to know. yeah ill back it up before i got to collect it. Also i never exchange things without wiping my stuff off it. have any of you guys had any of the same problems as me??

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

These aren't typical problems, so I wouldn't expect them on a second, new phone.

6. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

i hope so. i just got a call earlier today saying it has arrived so i will go and collect to tomorrow and find out! anyone had any of these problems then?

7. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

yeap yeap just letting you all iknow i got my replacement and its a brand new one, also got a free complimentary screen proctector and i did the free 'case program' app thing again and got yet another free bumper-sweet!