Getting Replacement iPod touch - Return at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lostanddamned, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I managed to lose my iPod touch the other day, due to being a bit of an idiot.

As I now only use it when my iPhone isn't suitable, it is a bit overkill for the task (32gb iPod touch, shuffle would do the same job fine). When I get my replacement from Apple, it will be one of the new fancy touches with 2 videocameras, retina display et al. Would I be able to take this to an Apple store and return it, as an unwanted gift or similar and then get a shuffle, as well as some other goods?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I missed this out the first time I wrote this, I am getting my replacement iPod through household insurance. I can either end up a £250 device down, or get a new iPod that is excessive to my needs. I went for the latter.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

You said you lost the iPod Touch, so why would you expect to get a replacement from Apple? If you want another Touch you will have to buy one. If you don't like the new Touch don't buy one.

3. redking31591 macrumors 6502

yeah, apple will not just "replace" your iPod because you lost it. you want a new one, you buy a new one. plain and simple.

4. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Insurance. My mistake, didn't make that clear at all.

"When I get my replacement from Apple" should have read "when I get my replacement, it will be... as I have new for old insurance cover"

My question still stands

5. taran420 macrumors 6502a

"lost":rolleyes:

I dont think it should be a problem. They will likely give you a apple store gift card which can be used to purchase anything you want

6. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I went to the pub with it in my pocket. I had a drink with friends and went home, it was gone when I next checked. Lost. If I just wanted to get rid of it and buy a shuffle, I'd sell it - not commit fraud - I used to work in Insurance and I know how thorough loss prevention are.

Thanks for your advice though.