Getting rid of metal Finder skin

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olliea95, Nov 15, 2009.

1. olliea95 macrumors regular

olliea95

Is there any way that I can change the skin of Finder from the brushed metal to something similar of Firefox/Mail.app? I have tried using Uno and that gave the perfect result, but it also changed my other apps too. Changing the Uno settings to 'Default Aqua' for all except finder failed also, as it still changed Firefox.

So does anyone know how to get rid of the horrible metal texture of Finder and replace it with something a little more consistent, and without changing any other apps (except other metal textured ones)?

Thanks,
    -Ollie

2. olliea95 thread starter macrumors regular

olliea95

Bump - nobody got any ideas?

Oh forgot to mention, this is OS 10.4.11 :)

-Ollie

3. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I don't think you can edit the brushed metal look of the finder without upgrading to leopard or snow leopard.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple has made it so that its nearly impossible to use a different theme (or alter the existing theme). There were a few apps back in the day to do this, but they introduced performance stability issues, or if they didn't do that, they altered system files which is even more risky.

Learn to live with the brushed metal, or use a different OS - I use fedora for the most part.

5. olliea95 thread starter macrumors regular

olliea95