Getting Rid Of My RAM

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Michael73, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

It feels like I'm in a Catch-22 so I thought I'd ask for some advice. After my Sept '06 MP failed, Apple replaced it with a nice new 2.8 Octo and 4GB RAM. My old 2.66 was so underpowered with the stock 2 x 512MB that I got an extra 2 x 1GB from OWC. When I returned my old MP I pulled the OWC RAM and now it's just sitting around since I'm not putting it into my new box. So here's the question...

Only under some very specific and rare circumstances have I run enough apps to eat up my existing 4GB (almost never any page-outs). OWC will give me $55 trade-in for my existing sticks but only if I buy more RAM. So, it seems like I have to spend money to get money- HUH?!? Anyway, my existing RAM is going to do nothing but decline in value so if I'm going to buy any new RAM now would seem to be as good a time as any but it seems like "what's the point?" if I'm not using what I've got?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

3. Eithanius macrumors 65816

I'd pay for shipping fee if you don't mind sending it over... :D

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you have the required number of posts, why don't you advertise it in the Marketplace here?

Otherwise advertise with your local Mac users group, often an ad in the newsletter is free.