Getting rid of the Download Warning...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MarkyUK, May 7, 2011.

1. MarkyUK macrumors member

Hey all,

I was wondering...

Everytime I download a file and open it - It gives me the following warning:

[​IMG]

Any idea on how to get rid of it?

Also - Whenever I go to download a file and just click "Open" it will download the file anyway and then open it - Then I have to go back and delete it myself... When I had a PC it would just open the file and I didn't have to do anything to get rid of it once I was done with it - Anyway to get around this?

Thanks,

Marky

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It won't give you that warning if you open a downloaded file; only if you open a downloaded application. Even then, it should only give you the warning the first time you open it, not subsequent launches. It's a line of defense for you, letting you know you're about to launch a downloaded app for the first time, so it's not a good idea to disable it, even if you could. After all, how often are you downloading apps and launching them for the first time?

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

How many applications do you end up downloading? Is it really that big a deal to confirm that the app is OK?

As GGJstudios said - this is an anti-virus measure (and a good one). It's worth keeping enabled.

4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Incorrent, I've seen it for downloaded .flv files.
    [​IMG]

5. MarkyUK thread starter macrumors member

It's not apps I'm downloading it's files like .zip etc.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's very strange. I've never gotten a warning when downloading .flv or .zip files. I just tested again... no warning.

7. pdjudd macrumors 601

I get them for flv, but my guess is that they are related to how flash operates as a whole (they are treated like an app) than anything.