Getting rid of the senders text when replying

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sactownbwoy, May 2, 2009.

1. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

I searched google and here and couldn't find an answer to this question:

As the title says. I don't like having the senders text in my replies on emails. I like it to just be what I am sending in repy to them. How can I get rid of it other than having to hold down delete which gets pretty tiresome especaily when someone has written a long email.

I looked in the settings and couldn't find anything that would stop it from doing it. It is quite annoying and I would love to get rid of it.

2. matttye macrumors 601

You can't, but it will be much easier when 3.0 is released - you can just cut the text then.

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

holding down the delete key is the only way on < 3.0..

4. sactownbwoy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I feel it is so stupid to not be able to have that as an option to not have the original senders text in the body of the email. I hate having unnessacary clutter in my emails.

The iphone is nice and has some good features but there are a ton of little things that add up that make me want to toss it out the window sometimes.

5. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

instead of hitting "reply" just create a new email to the original sender, no?

6. sactownbwoy thread starter macrumors regular

I could do that but one shouldn't have to do that. I would just like to reply without having the other persons text in the body of the email. It really is such a simple thing.