getting rid of things on desktop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Richdj, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Richdj macrumors member

hey guys

ok so im just getting used to my new MBP, (first time), i just downloaded messsenger for mac, and the icon has gone to my dashboard, however ive been left with a white box with a black line on it on my desktop called microsoft messenger. and i cant put it in the trash as it says its in use .... how can i get this off my desktop . ? and what is it

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Richdj thread starter macrumors member

ok so i can uninstall it and start again ...... and save it to my hard drive ... how the hell do i uninstall ...

sorry to be dumb

4. Richdj thread starter macrumors member

ok i just read a bit about uninstallling, i dont really get it but i tried to drag the icon to the trash. it said error code 61.

however i draged the icon from my dash board into the trash which worked, then i dragged the drive icon into the trash, which worked... so not sure if thats right or not.

anyway i just tried to down load again, i can see an option for specifying a location and when i clicked down load again . it just stuck it striaight to my desktop...

not having much luck today.... :mad:

5. Richdj thread starter macrumors member

6. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

what is it you call dashboard? is it the desktop?? when you download an application, if it comes in a disk image (.dmg) then you doubleclick to open and copy the app to your applications foldr in your user folder. if it just an app, just drag it from your desktop to your applications folder.
    Anyways for chatting you should give a try to adium, much better than messenger.