Getting 'Safe Mode' a lot lately

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hellomoto4, May 12, 2010.

1. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Hey guys

Ever since updating to 3.1.3 and v3.0.9 of sbsettings, I seem to be encountering safe mode a lot after my springboard crashes. I would probably get one maybe two springboard crashes a day.

Just wondering if I should bother restoring if others aren't getting this as often as me - or are you?

I've even decided to use my own safe mode background it's annoying me so much....

[​IMG]
    ;)

Thanks

2. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

LMAO that's awesome!

Since using the latest sbsettings and Spirit I've also gotten into safe mode a couple of times this week after rebooting.

I'm only using the following: Backgrounder, Categories, five icon dock, winterboard with OS 4 theme, Pro Switcher, SBSettings, 5-row QWERTY.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm on 3.1.2 with the latest SBSettings and I don't get safe mode.

4. gman901 macrumors 6502a

Same problem as you

I have the same set up; except I only have sbsettings installed. I notice safe modes starting to happen and I cannot swipe the top of the home screen to initiate the drop down screen for sbsettings. I have to reboot to get it working again. I also noticed that my cellular network has been a little screwy. I get a lot of "cellular network could not be activated." On a side note, I was curious if any of the latest Android phones have applications for tethering like MyWi? Do the Androids need to be jailbroken as well?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

^^^^
    Before you give up on the iPhone and jailbreaking, try restoring your phone and rejailbreaking. I'd suggest setting up as new, if you don't have game saves or app settings you have to have (or SMS's you can't lose).

6. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I definitely do not plan on giving up, I guess I am just frustrated. I'll try restoring tonight and see how it goes. I would go back to a new set up, but I have a few games I have gotten far on, especially Plants vs Zombies! Is there a way to back up saves and restore them after setting the phone back to new?Also, what happens to all the junk I have downloaded and installed from Cydia and Rock? Does that go away when restoring back?

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Since upgrading to 3.1.3 and jailbreaking with Spirit last Sunday (the day spirit was released) I have not had ONE SINGLE crash. While I was on 3.1.2 and jailbroke with Blackra1n I would average about 3 crashes per week and they got progressively worse. After I uninstalled Lockinfo the crashes went away and I have not put it back on for this version.

The Cydia Apps I am using are:

Cydia Apps:

1. MyWi
    2. OpenSSH
    3. BossPaper (& Avatar Pack)
    4. FontSwap
    5. CategoriesSB
    6. Bubble Dots
    7. SB Settings (& Glass Orb SBS)
    8. Winterboard
    9. Five Icon Dock
    10. Rock Your Phone