Getting scanner to work in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by UnitedRed, Nov 23, 2008.

1. UnitedRed macrumors member

Just updated to Photoshop CS4 but apparently they don't support something called TWAIN anymore, think that is what my scanner used to use.
    On the photoshop support site they mention something about accessing my device through Rosetta (PPC) OS but I have no idea what this is or where to find it. Any ideas anyone?
    Tried copying the TWaiN plugin to the import/export folder and restarted photoshop again but that didnt work.

I can't even seem to start the scanner up by pressing the button on the front, nothing happens so I can't even scan an image in and then open it in Photoshop.
    The scanner does work as I was using it this morning before I upgraded so its not faulty

My scanner is an old model, CanoScan N65ou

Thanks

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Check canon's website for updated drivers and/or PS plug-ins... or check out "Vuescan"

from Adobe's website, system requirements: (bold added by me)

Mac OS

• PowerPC® G5 or multicore Intel® processor
    • Mac OS X v10.4.11–10.5.4
    • 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
    • 2GBof available hard-disk space for installation; additional free spacerequired during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses acase-sensitive file system or on flash-based storage devices)
    • 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
    • Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • QuickTime 7.2 software required for multimedia features
    • Broadband Internet connection required for online services*

3. UnitedRed thread starter macrumors member

thanks, tried that Vuescan.
    It seemed to work but the quality didn't seem as good, just have to keep trying to fiddle around with the settings I guess