iPhone Getting Siri on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by groovygranola, Jun 11, 2012.

1. groovygranola macrumors newbie

groovygranola

Hello everyone. I've been trying to get Siri on my jailbroken iPhone 4 for some time now. I think I've had to do four restores ... either three or four.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm running iOS 5.1.1, used RedSn0w to jailbreak and Rocky Racoon Untether to untether (obviously). I've tried Spite, Ac!dSiri, TekWik's Siri, and Siriport.ru.

The first three made my app store apps not work (they just crash to the springboard), and the last completely bricked my phone.

Here is a complete list of installed Cydia tweaks/apps (except for specific Winterboard themes):
    Activator
    Airplane SBSettings
    AppInfo
    AppList
    APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
    Automatic Dictation
    BadgeClear
    BigBoss Icon Set
    Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
    Bug Fix: Stuck Pages
    ClockHide
    Color Keyboard
    Cydia Installer/Translations
    dba Tech Common
    Deck
    Erica Utilities
    FolderEnhancer
    FolderIcons
    Gesturizer
    GUI-GPG-SEC
    iFile
    iPicMyContacts
    iWipe Cache
    KillBackground
    libdisplaystack
    LockInfo
    Mobile Substrate
    Netatalk
    NoCameraGrabber
    OpenBackup
    OpenSSH
    PowerSaver
    Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether
    SBSettings (plus toggles)
    SMS+
    Sparrow Push
    Sparrow+
    Springtomize 2
    Substrate Safe Mode
    SwitcherLand
    Vexillum
    VoiceActivator
    WinterBoard
    xSellize Security
    Zeppelin

Excessively lengthy, I know, but I wanted to give as much info as possible.

So, can anyone here help me get Siri working without crashing my 3rd party apps?

Thanks in advance.

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I've heard from others that iModSiri works. Read up on that around here.

...And if you were able to restore, you did not "brick" your iPhone. Maybe shed some light on what part of the process is failing - you might get more thorough responses.

Have you tried to restore and set up as new, then install the Siri port BEFORE all of the other tweaks you mentioned? Maybe there is a conflict somewhere...

Good luck!

3. groovygranola thread starter macrumors newbie

groovygranola

I'll check out iModSiri, thanks.

I've always used 'bricked' to mean un-turn-on-able, for lack of a better word. That's what I meant. If eventually managing a restore makes the term not applicable, so be it. I guess I'll just say it severely disabled my phone.

The part of the process that's going wrong is that when I install Siri from the aforementioned packages, many or all of 3rd party apps don't open. For instance, Safari and Dolphin will start up (the latter showing its loading screen), and then it just returns to the springboard.

I haven't tried restoring and installing Siri first. Since I have a lot of tweaks, I'd prefer to avoid that, but if I'm forced to restore again, I'll certainly try that.

Thanks.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

So it appears to install with no problems?

I would definitely recommend installing Siri first as it sounds like it may conflict with one of your other packages. After that, install each tweak one at a time to be sure to find the one that causes the conflict.

If you still have problems, resore and select "set up as new iPhone", and manually restore everything. This will make sure that there are no left over files from previous jailbreaks interfering.

Look for others to comment on how good/reliable iModSiri is - Hope you get it sorted out!

5. groovygranola, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

groovygranola thread starter macrumors newbie

groovygranola

So I kind of half followed everyone's advice: I installed Ac!dSiri while also disabling some tweaks that I thought could be conflicting, then turned them back on one by one. Looks like SMS+ and iPicMyContacts were the culprits.

Now Siri is working, and so far my apps seem to be working, too! I had to reinstall Facebook, and even now it's a little buggier than usual (sometimes requires multiple attempts to launch it), but that's okay. I'm still on alert, though, because one of my previous attempts had the apps working for about six hours, and then they all began to crash again. Still, so far, so good.

Is it normal that Siri is a little ... retarded? She sets reminders and alarms and takes dictation, but I can't get weather forecasts from her (I've been having her just launch the weather app), directions, or get her to search for restaurants in the area. Actually, she's kind of cheeky: "Find local pizza restaurants." "Did you lose it?" I've been calling her DerpSiri. Again, not a big deal, but it would be nice if I could improve it.

Thanks again.

6. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Try SiriPort agian. Follow these instructions from my blog:

7. groovygranola, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

groovygranola thread starter macrumors newbie

groovygranola

8. LoyalNay macrumors newbie

How To Get FULLY Working Siri On The iPhone 4,iPhone 3GS, iPod

1.Add the cydia source http://ihacksrepo.com
    2.Download Spire or Spite(5.1)
    3.Download AssistantServer Installer
    4.Reboot your device
    6.Enter in the proxy host http://127.0.0.1:4443
    7. Enable Siri in Settings-General-Siri
    8. Change siri language to English(US) in General-Siri
    8.Try Siri

9. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, but I don't think it's a good idea to put Siri on an iPhone 4. You need to get a Siri proxy. It's probably way more work than it's worth. I started to attempt it a while ago.

10. knowash macrumors newbie

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Spire was only supported on 5.0 it never was updated nor will it be passed that per Chpwn.