Getting "Size mismatch" when I try to install nearly anything in Cydia.

Dang1ing Nuts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Anyone else have this problem? The only thing I've been able to successfully install is SBSettings. Everything else I get "Size mismatch" at some point or another during installation.

Any help is appreciated.

Dang1ing Nuts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Very Helpful. I also lost my pictures after the JB. Nothing important but I was just wondering if there's a way to get them back? I remember it being talked about when the JB was first released for Macs.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
You lose your camera roll pictures?? I would never jailbreak if I knew I would lose them, is there anyway to prevent this???

Dang1ing Nuts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
You lose your camera roll pictures?? I would never jailbreak if I knew I would lose them, is there anyway to prevent this???
Yes, I did. That doesn't really bother me though what I really want to know is why I can't install anything on Cydia. Well nearly anything.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
I downloaded a few paid & free apps on Cydia and got the size mismatch error while installing MyWi. I was able to install a different paid app afterwards. I bummed because MyWi was THE reason I jailbroke.

Last edited:

Trey1984

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
When I first jailbroke it for the first 10-15 mins I had this problem, I turned phone off for ten and when it came back all was good

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Those of you who lost your camera roll should have performed a backup/sync prior to jailbreaking. Every jailbreaking tool makes that recommendation.

As far as your Cydia being corrupted, the very best fix is a clean restore, choose set up as new. Jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 immediately.
Open Cydia, allow it to re-organize (be patient, it will auto close when done)
Then re-open it and start modding.