Getting "Size mismatch" when I try to install nearly anything in Cydia.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dang1ing Nuts, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Dang1ing Nuts macrumors member

Anyone else have this problem? The only thing I've been able to successfully install is SBSettings. Everything else I get "Size mismatch" at some point or another during installation.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Dang1ing Nuts thread starter macrumors member

Very Helpful. I also lost my pictures after the JB. Nothing important but I was just wondering if there's a way to get them back? I remember it being talked about when the JB was first released for Macs.

3. Dang1ing Nuts thread starter macrumors member

I can't be the only one that's having this problem?

4. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

You lose your camera roll pictures?? I would never jailbreak if I knew I would lose them, is there anyway to prevent this???

5. Dang1ing Nuts thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I did. That doesn't really bother me though what I really want to know is why I can't install anything on Cydia. Well nearly anything.

6. TypeMRT, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I downloaded a few paid & free apps on Cydia and got the size mismatch error while installing MyWi. I was able to install a different paid app afterwards. I bummed because MyWi was THE reason I jailbroke.

7. Trey1984 macrumors regular

When I first jailbroke it for the first 10-15 mins I had this problem, I turned phone off for ten and when it came back all was good

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Try to download it from a different source?

9. Dang1ing Nuts thread starter macrumors member

Rebooted my phone again and still not working. This is extremely frustrating.

10. traumuhhtize macrumors member

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Those of you who lost your camera roll should have performed a backup/sync prior to jailbreaking. Every jailbreaking tool makes that recommendation.

As far as your Cydia being corrupted, the very best fix is a clean restore, choose set up as new. Jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 immediately.
    Open Cydia, allow it to re-organize (be patient, it will auto close when done)
    Then re-open it and start modding.