Getting Snow Leopard in stores

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macfanboy, Aug 24, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

Do you think this will be hard to get? Would they be sold out similar to the iPhone's quick sellouts? Was Leopard hard to find on Launch Day?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It should be relatively easy to get, more importantly if you are in the front of the line, you get a T-Shirt. It is rather different from that of the iPhone in the sense that there is no activation, so it obviously goes much quicker.

3. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

theres actually gunna be a line for this? I noticed this time around it never said "Available at 6:00 PM" like Leopard was

lets say i go at 6:00, 8 hours after the store opens (i think), would they be sold out?

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Just order it by Wed and you'll get it delivered Friday morning. I did that with the iphone and had no problems. Remember, AT&T isn't involved at ALL this time :)

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

They didn't say it wasn't available until 6 p.m. like they normally do. I'm assuming you can pick it up when the store opens. So, it's not really a launch event like a normal Mac OS X release.

"Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard will be available as an upgrade to Mac OS X version 10.5 Leopard on August 28 at Apple’s retail stores and through Apple Authorized Resellers, and online pre-orders can be made through Apple’s online store (www.apple.com) starting today."

The last OS release not to have a 6 p.m. or 8 p.m. local time launch event was 10.2 Jaguar.

6. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a