getting sound through to my tv

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bored911, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

ok, so i am using an hdmi cable to hook my macbook cd to my 40" Samsung LCD. anyone know if there is anyway to make the samsung use the sound from the macbook, because as you know if you have a macbook, the speakers aren't very powerful.

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

The standard way is by a stereo split plug (goes from one to two pins [red and white]) going from your headphone socket to the TV. My TV is a bit old school but it should look something like this!

Attached Files:

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

.....of course I'm assuming that they've not done away with these inputs on your new fangled thingemy bob! ;)

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Your hdmi input on the TV should have two phono audio inputs (red and white) associated with it.

You need to get a wire similar to the one that billybob suggested but i also recommend getting the griffin iMic.

The phono output (mini jack) from the macbook (and most desktops/laptops) picks up sound from the computers internals with it when taking it out, one doesnt normally hear these sounds but when you play it through the TV you may hear some distortions etc.

Griffin iMic is usb and en external sound card so it eliminates these extra sounds.

The phono to phono wires cost very little to buy yo can get them on amazon etc. griffin iMic comes with an adaptor to turn to dual wire into a mini jack to connect to the imic in its output point.

Good luck and enjoy!