Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boiler98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Hello all.

I am trying to get sound out of my Keystation 88es, but am stumped. I had it working under Windows, then switched over to Mac and forgot about the keyboard for a while. I hooked it back up but can't seem to figure out how to get sound out of it.

I had Garage Band, but lost it when I did a clean install of 10.5. At this point I'm just trying to make sure that the keyboard hasn't gone south. Is it possible to install Garage Band off my original 10.4 disk? Is there a better program I could use just to quickly see if the keys still work?

Thanks for any info.

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
You are going to need Garageband. I think you should be able to install the app by itself from the restore disc. Just click the install application icon.

junior

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2003
Just go to AUdio/Midi setup in Utilities folder.
If it recognises your keyboard, no problem.
It's obviously not going to make any sound if you don't have a software synth, seeing as it's just a controller.

Boiler98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Woohoo. Thanks paraparafreak and junior.

The audio is coming out of our little education program again. I'll give installing GarageBand too, since I'm sure we'll have an ace piano player in the house in just a few days. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.