Getting Sporadic Notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coolant113, May 8, 2015.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

So I have had the Apple Watch Sport edition now for a week. Everything was working flawlessly for the first 5 days. Yesterday I realized that my watch was missing 3/4 of my notifications that i had set to go to my watch. For example all of my text message notifications are suppose to go to my watch. Out of the 10 texts i got in a 30 minute span, my watch only notified me of 2 of them. I know I can reset the watch and that will probably rectify the issue but this is not something I want to keep having to do. I was just wondering if anybody else has any issues like this with any notifications. :apple::apple:

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind that the watch only gets notifications if the phone is locked. If the phone is on then notifications go to the phone and not the watch, so that could be the problem.

Also, for text messages, if you are in imessage on a mac or ipad and receive the message there then your phone (and your watch) won't notify you of the new message because you already saw it on the other device.