Getting Spot, Gold & Silver, Price on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bmstrong, Nov 24, 2008.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

Using the stock iPhone App? How do you get spot, Gold & Silver, to display price or % on the iPhone?

2. ShutterBugSteve macrumors newbie

It's a pain, but doable. You would need to enter the commodoties code into your watched stocks setion and update it each month with the correct month code. I can't remember the codes off the top of my head.

I gave up on using the stock app and switched to the Bloomberg app. It's free and includes all the spot metals as well as oil and such.

3. tofupancake macrumors member

There is a free Gold Price app on the app store. It has 5/5 stars in the UK iTunes store. It takes the data from Bullionvault.com's Buy price from the London vault, and you can view in dollars, sterling, or euro. It shows in oz and kg. It doesn't show %. It's fairly accurate against spot, and since my gold is in BV it's right on the money. I use it and prefer it to Bloomberg.

The same author just this week launched a pay version, called Gold Chart. It is customisable. You can view live gold charts, as well as configure which bullionvault vault you are looking at. I haven't bought it.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85