Getting spots on the keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rugox, Oct 31, 2008.

1. rugox macrumors regular

Hi,

I have the new alu macbook, I use it mainly for word processing and taking notes in classes. I've noticed that the space bar developed a spot that you can notice on these black keyboards. They are the shape of how my thumb presses the space bar while I type away. Are these spots removeable? they are very visible under a light.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. tiartrop macrumors regular

I noticed with this black keyboard, grease and oil are more visible. But as the case with any keyboard, the keys will rub off overtime and become shiny/oily.

4. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I bought a zCover clear skin for Macbook/Macbook Air when I purchased my Aluminum Macbook. I had a black w/ while lettering iSkin one for my old Blackbook and it really kept the keyboard in mint condition and kept every crumb and piece of dog hair (I have 4) out of my machine. This new one is completely clear rubber, allows me to see the normal key markings in good lighting and allows for the backlit keyboard to look as beautiful without as it does without the skin. It is also washable with soap and warm water (clean once every 1-2 weeks), so when the oils from your fingers build up on the skin, you just wash it and let your pristine keys to breath for a few minutes. ;D

$25 well spent. They make the keyboard feel CHEAP AS HELL when you first start using is because it is new and needs to be broken in. This clear one is almost broken in after only a week! I imagine in another it will be like it isn't even there. :)

(Both the iSkin and the zCover were purchased from the Apple store. I would imagine they both have sites though).

Edit: Link to product on Apple Store, http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ645VC/A .

5. timestoby macrumors 6502

in time alot of ur keys will get glossy spots from using them. it happend to a pc laptop i had,only had for like 3 months and i was like,dang lol. i put this clear sticky stuff on some of the keys,space bar and palm rest