Getting Started in SDK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dieseltwitch, Mar 12, 2008.

1. dieseltwitch macrumors regular

Im not totally new to programing.... but the only types of programming i have done are Basic and Ladder Logic. I downloaded all the movies and what not from the SDK Dev Site and watched them. but im still lost. I got the idea i should start by learning C, C+ & C++ before i start with the SDK? is any one else in this spot or have any short cuts i can take to get on track with the iPhone's language?:apple:

2. dieseltwitch thread starter macrumors regular

3. 103734 Guest

im also wondering what language I should learn to develop for the iPhone

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

flash/actionscript :)

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

seriously, with no idea on how to program it will take ages to program anything decent
    and iphone uses objective-c

oh, and also C+ doesnt exist, theres C, and C++ (++ in programming means +1, so C++ means C plus 1 :) . ++ is used as typing i=i+1 (where i is a number) takes too long (i++ is the same as i=i+1, but takes less time to type), and adding 1 is used all the time in programming when looping)

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

programming is programming is programming

learn java or c++.

with basic fundamental programming skills and techniques you learn from these two languages you'll pick up on any other one very easily.