Getting stuck when typing / Losing app focus?!

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by gguerini, Oct 14, 2018.

1. gguerini macrumors regular

gguerini

Hello,

There's something really weird happening since I installed Mojave (fresh install) last week. I will try to explain what it's going on:

1) I'm using Safari as an example, but it happens to all apps.
    2) I switch the focus to another app (command + tab)
    3) Then I switch back to Safari
    4) I try to type something on a text field or even copy + paste something. It doesn't work and I hear the "Funk" alert sound (go to System Preferences > Sound and you can hear the sound I'm talking about).
    5) Switch to another app and go back to Safari.
    6) Now I can type again.

This happens MANY times during the day. It's extremely annoying and frustrating.

It feels like the current app (Safari in this example) is not the "focused" app, even though it is. I can still scroll the Safari page, select elements on the page, but if I try to use the keyboard, I get that sound. This is a fresh install and I haven't installed any app that could be causing this issue.

Has anybody seen this weird behavior before?

Thanks

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I have that issue with the Enpass app, sometimes, when I first open it. It should default to the master password field but sometimes it doesn't and I have to "command-tab" twice to get it to accept typing if I don't want to touch the mouse.

But...I'm in Sierra.

3. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Same issue in Mojave here. I have the screen flash when the alert occurs, and it's annoying. Happens in most Mojave applications, such as Safari and Finder. Annoying. I suspect it's some kind of bug related with all the new security precautions, and with internal use and feedback by employees, Apple will fix it.

4. markusberger macrumors member

same issue here using safari (and enpass extensions) in fresh mojave install...