Getting Subtitles To Work With HB

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jimbobp2004, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jimbobp2004 macrumors newbie

Have tried pretty much every combination I can now, and still am having no luck.

I know the subs are there because when I play it post MKV but pre HB in VLC the subtitles are there and selectable.

However, post conversion, playing through the ATV or VLC the subs just aren't there.

Anyone got a link to a video or a tutorial. I have pretty much boxed up my entire blu ray collection now, bar about 20 that I know have subs in them that I would need.

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You must

- manually enable VobSub passthru (for each of them manually) OR

- use HandBrakeBatch to do it automatically.

I've posted a post explaining the latter somewhere at MacRumors; here it is:

With HandBrakeBatch (but, as has been explained in the introduction, not the plain HandBrake!), you can do exactly the same. If you only want to preserve all the audio tracks in the target MP4/M4V file, you don't need to do anything. If you want to do the same to the subtitle tracks, go to Preferences and select the "All available languages" radio button in the "Language" tab:

[​IMG]

After this, just drag-and-drop your source files to the list and start converting.

3. jimbobp2004 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for this,

I'll have a look when I get home tonight and see how it goes.