Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I friggen hate doing layout on a columned article.

For instance:

helptext.jpg

Why the hell doesnt my text line up properly whenever its in a column? Even with the image removed, the text just isnt lined up.

How do I tweak the text settings so they DO line up, where is this magical button I am missing?

thanks!

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I *think* the easy option would be to align to baseline grid. You can do this in the paragraph palette. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,394

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
tobefirst said:
I *think* the easy option would be to align to baseline grid. You can do this in the paragraph palette. Let me know if this solves your problem.

doing that makes everything way too spaced out. and when I try to set a custom baseline, it does nothing different from what I was trying to do before.

you would think this would be a simple thing, since you would want columned text to line up wouldnt you?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Do you have any extra spacing assigned at the end of your paragraphs by any chance?

Also, make sure your leading is uniform throughout the section...

(I'm trying to think of everything...)

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
tobefirst said:
Do you have any extra spacing assigned at the end of your paragraphs by any chance?

Also, make sure your leading is uniform throughout the section...

(I'm trying to think of everything...)

i got it, custom baseline and a bunch of tweaking the leading etc to get it to look right.

finally, thank you for pointing me in the right direction, i was being stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.