Getting texts off of a Nokia to an iMac??

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I would like to get my texts off of my Nokia 6230i onto my iMac.
There are lots of messages to transfer, so I am hoping not to have to use email (not that I have it set up properly on my Orange) but rather to connect via Bluetooth and find a way to grab the texts.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Try BluePhoneElite :) there's a free trial and after that it only costs about $20 for the full version. I use this to save my text messages - you can export them to text files or even to your Address Book or iCal.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
dcv said:
Try BluePhoneElite :) there's a free trial and after that it only costs about $20 for the full version. I use this to save my text messages - you can export them to text files or even to your Address Book or iCal.
Is it possible to store my SMS messages taken off of my phone onto a USB key or other external drive instead of having the program store them on my internal drive? I just don't want to leave message on my system where they can accessed.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
netdog said:
Is it possible to store my SMS messages taken off of my phone onto a USB key or other external drive instead of having the program store them on my internal drive? I just don't want to leave message on my system where they can accessed.
Well yes, you don't have to export to iCal or Address Book, you can just save them as text files to store wherever you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.