Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Ok, so I’ve made my allegiance, I have a voucher card for John Lewis on the way saving me 5%, and I should be able to get around £240 for my old 6S although Music Magpie are currently offering £258!!

So I am going to buy the 7 Plus, well give it a go anyway, the screen is very good on it, plus it should mean I only pay around £450 to £500 for the 128GB model.
To me I am happy with that, I can’t really justify north of £800 on a phone really and will feel stupid I think? I mean the standard iPhone 8 255GB is £850 in the UK with no discounts! That’s only 20 quid of the RRP of the Note 8!!

So.........

My HUGE DILEMA is White and Silver, or Black and Matt Black???? I see the black ones chip? Is that still the case or is that fixed now?

What do you think? I’ve had two white and silver 6S now and the standard iPhone 7 in black and silver...

Hmm really stuck, possibly leaning more towards the Matt black??

Oh and does anyone know of a really good high quality screen protector for the 7 Plus?

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
it all depends if you want a white or black face.. and go with applecare+ fully naked!!

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Ok, so I’ve made my allegiance, I have a voucher card for John Lewis on the way saving me 5%, and I should be able to get around £240 for my old 6S although Music Magpie are currently offering £258!!

So I am going to buy the 7 Plus, well give it a go anyway, the screen is very good on it, plus it should mean I only pay around £450 to £500 for the 128GB model.
To me I am happy with that, I can’t really justify north of £800 on a phone really and will feel stupid I think? I mean the standard iPhone 8 255GB is £850 in the UK with no discounts! That’s only 20 quid of the RRP of the Note 8!!

So.........

My HUGE DILEMA is White and Silver, or Black and Matt Black???? I see the black ones chip? Is that still the case or is that fixed now?

What do you think? I’ve had two white and silver 6S now and the standard iPhone 7 in black and silver...

Hmm really stuck, possibly leaning more towards the Matt black??

Oh and does anyone know of a really good high quality screen protector for the 7 Plus?
Matt black is nice. Little advice: if you're planning to buy 7plus, do try to test out the audio from the camera recording in a silent room. I'm not sure if they resolved the hiss/buzz noise or what. I had that problem with 7plus.

Reactions: apolloa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.