Getting the bet battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jonknox, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Jonknox macrumors member

I have the newest Macbook Pro with a 15 inch screen. It has 2.2 GHz Intel Duo Core processor, and 2GB of memory. The specs on the website say that the battery should provide power for up to 6 hours, however even with the energy saver set to "better battery life" the most I can get is 4 hours and alot of the time it is only 3 hours. The computer is brand new so I must be doing something wrong. Any helpful tips would be nice, to get my batter lasting as long as possible. Thank you.

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Those numbers are inaccurate, a few years ago it became popular for laptop manufacturers to "test" battery life by turning everything down, turning the brightness to the minimum, not touching the machine, etc. This set up a recurring cycle of manufacturers not wanting to seem weak on battery life running the same battery benchmarks.

So, turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth, do nothing on your computer and turn down the display, you'll get that time :)

3. mwxiao macrumors regular

And also put your computer in a room that has the perfect temprature and humidity.