Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonknox

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I have the newest Macbook Pro with a 15 inch screen. It has 2.2 GHz Intel Duo Core processor, and 2GB of memory. The specs on the website say that the battery should provide power for up to 6 hours, however even with the energy saver set to "better battery life" the most I can get is 4 hours and alot of the time it is only 3 hours. The computer is brand new so I must be doing something wrong. Any helpful tips would be nice, to get my batter lasting as long as possible. Thank you.

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I have the newest Macbook Pro with a 15 inch screen. It has 2.2 GHz Intel Duo Core processor, and 2GB of memory. The specs on the website say that the battery should provide power for up to 6 hours, however even with the energy saver set to "better battery life" the most I can get is 4 hours and alot of the time it is only 3 hours. The computer is brand new so I must be doing something wrong. Any helpful tips would be nice, to get my batter lasting as long as possible. Thank you.

Those numbers are inaccurate, a few years ago it became popular for laptop manufacturers to "test" battery life by turning everything down, turning the brightness to the minimum, not touching the machine, etc. This set up a recurring cycle of manufacturers not wanting to seem weak on battery life running the same battery benchmarks.

So, turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth, do nothing on your computer and turn down the display, you'll get that time :)

mwxiao

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
CT
Those numbers are inaccurate, a few years ago it became popular for laptop manufacturers to "test" battery life by turning everything down, turning the brightness to the minimum, not touching the machine, etc. This set up a recurring cycle of manufacturers not wanting to seem weak on battery life running the same battery benchmarks.

So, turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth, do nothing on your computer and turn down the display, you'll get that time :)

And also put your computer in a room that has the perfect temprature and humidity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.