Getting the internet on my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by parklife1987, Oct 3, 2008.

1. parklife1987 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have recently got an iPhone 1G. It is unlocked and jailbroken and I am currently using it with orange in the UK. I can only seem to get the internet with wifi, and if I try connect without a wifi connection I get the warning, "could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data survive". Before I got the phone I used the same sim card in a Nokia N95 (rubbish phone!) but I could get the internet pretty much anywhere.

Can anyone offer any help??

Thanx for looking.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You might have to enter/check some details in Settings > General > Netowrk > Cellular Data Nework

3. parklife1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx for the reply. I have gone into the cellular data network section and there is no information at all. Do you know where i can find out what to put in, sorry im not very good with this sort of thing!

cheers

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'm on 02 so can't check the settings for you but there are some different options given in this thread. Hope one of those works for you.

5. parklife1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Thats great :D, you might want to check with orange in regards to your bill because if you don't have a mobile data option it can cost you a lot of money.