Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ksubi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
So just wondering, I know that the iPhone 6 came out a few months ago, but is it a too late or a bad time to get one still?

I've owned the iPhone 5s for more than 15 months now, ever since it was launched.

Am still best of using the 5s or wait until the next launch comes out?

What do you reckon? I have my eyes on the iPhone 6 64GB Silver, though.

EDIT: I also pretty much need a slightly bigger screen than the 5s and more storage as 32GB on my 5s isn't really enough for me, but I can still live with what I've got

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
So just wondering, I know that the iPhone 6 came out a few months ago, but is it a too late or a bad time to get one still?

I've owned the iPhone 5s for more than 15 months now, ever since it was launched.

EDIT: I also pretty much need a slightly bigger screen than the 5s and more storage as 32GB on my 5s isn't really enough for me, but I can still live with what I've got

I would wait, unless you're really in need of a larger screen. The 5S delivers a pretty similar experience in all departments compared to the 6. You won't have Apple Pay, but that is going to take a year or two before it really starts catching on.

In terms of hardware, the only differences you'll notice would be the camera, but most people have found the increased NR to deliver an inferior experience in some scenarios from the 6. I'd argue that the overall experience of the camera in the 6 is better, but you won't notice substantial improvements coming from a 5S (low light shots has gotten better though).

So the question really is if you feel you can use the same screen size until the 6S comes out?

But I hope this doesn't boil down to you thinking it is too "late" to get a 6 since its release? Seeing as that was only a couple of months ago. The phone is still basically brand new on the market.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011

If you don't mind yellow dark cornered blotchy screens and crooked FaceTime cameras have at it! ;) That's been my experience so far anyways! Hopefully my FOURTH one will be acceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.