Getting the iPhone5/4S from ATT.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MMAMAN, Sep 27, 2011.

1. MMAMAN macrumors newbie

I have a question, I have already upgraded so I cant get a new phone for the low price with the 2 year contract, I would have to pay the full price for the phone, if I go to the ATT website though It tells me that even though I cant get it with an upgrade they can give me a discounted iphone price because I am a valued customer, so if I wanted to get an iphone right now it would be $560, not too bad considering I buy and sell a lot of phones and have sold phones for up to $700.

So heres my question, I would like to get a 5/4S and I know eBay is out of the question as they will be like 900+, will ATT do this with the new iphone? Allow me to upgrade at a lower price with an added 2 year contract?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Could always buy unlocked from Apple directly.

3. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Remember, they've got multiple levels of discounts. You probably won't have to pay full price, but then again, you probably won't get the rock bottom price either. The only reason they did it for the iPhone 4 was because they were losing exclusivity and wanted to lock people in with EFT's so they didn't go to Verizon. Unless they suddenly start losing millions of customers to Verizon, you won't see them do squat.

4. MMAMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, I might not be able to get an iPhone then.....Im not gonna pay more then $650 for one, thats for sure.