getting the most out of your battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sgrrsh26, Aug 25, 2009.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2009
    i just bought my mbp 13inch yesterday.
    charged it overnight to a full charge and now i seem to be only getitng about 5 hours battery life with a low backlight. battery drops to 2 hours playing farmville facebook game, can you give me some tips?
  2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

Jul 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Farmville generally enables the higher processing power, so it will kill battery a bit.

Doing general web browsing with my mobile broadband USB stick in when I was stuck at an airport for a delayed flight, I squeezed 7:30hrs out of my 15" uMBP.

And it can vary from Mac to Mac, they do say up-to 7hours. 5Hours is generally the typical time you will get.

Put it this way : Mine is estimating 3:45hrs with 55% battery life. Thats at 1Bar Brightness, 3bars backlit keyboard, wireless on. It does vary and bounce around a lot. Don't worry about it.
  3. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2009
    I'd go to the apple support docs at

Bear in mind that what you are doing greatly affects the battery. I would also recommend fully charging, then fully using your battery, then recharging a few times as well to calibrate the battery completely, that's what I have been doing for the past couple of days and that seems to be improving the battery somewhat.
  4. EMKarelia macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2009
    If your playing video game then yes. I'm sure you can find some ways on online for the tips