iPad mini getting the Refurb mini 2 for my birthday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theapplefanboyj, Nov 16, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking that I shouldn't get it, especially because I have a large phablet.
    My mum is considering a tablet for me for Christmas, and I'm kind of against it, because my phablet is big as it is and I don't need a tablet (I hope).
    So she's contemplating getting me an iPad mini 2 refurb. As much as I want an iPad! Part of me tells me not to because I already have a good phone and I don't need a tablet as much. What should I do, should I get it anyway?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well if your happy with your phablet maybe you should consider a full size iPad. It looks like iPad mini's 2s refurbished are $249.00. But a 4th gen iPad is $299.00. Might be worth the extra $50?

3. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but I do like the portability.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Naw 4th gen iPad is plenty portable. Just took mine 3rd gen in the car the other day for a small road trip. I had no discomfort using it or anything like that.
    What kind of portability are you looking for? What do you want to use the iPad for?

5. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

School and on the go. Having a full sized iPad would make me look spoiled, IMHO.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Haha. Don't let what people think effect your purchase. Really what they think doesn't matter.

7. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

And plus, the mini 2 is cheaper than the 4 and has better specs. I'll wait and see what my parents buy me anyway thanks for helping =D

8. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

I don't know how big you're phablet is. I have a 5.5 inch phone and a rMini and while the 5.5 inch is OK for commuting no way I enjoy browsing on my phone very much when I'm at home on the couch. It's too small. Mini is fine though.

I bought a second refurb Mini 2 for my son the other day, but sending it back because of yellow tint on the screen. Bought a new one in the Applestore, and changed that for the same reason. The one they changed it for is perfect. You're lucky with a mum like that;).

9. Alex225 macrumors regular

I've liked up my Mini alongside the iPhone 6 and it is significantly bigger. So although closer to the Mini I don't think you'd be disappointed using the Mini alongside a phablet.

Either eat iPad Mini 2 or 4, both will be great so enjoy whatever one you get. :)