getting things done (gtd) with the ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by palpatine, Jul 18, 2011.

1. palpatine macrumors 68040

i have been agonizing in another thread comparing the ipod1 and ipod4, and i thought that perhaps it would help if i tried a completely different tack.

can i use the ipod to get things done? what apps do you use?

here are some of my ideas. i seem to be stuck on evernote...

1. hook up bluetooth keyboard to ipod for notetaking there while i read on ipad1
    2. read evernote notes on crowded train (not enough space for ipad, but plenty for ipod)
    3. use camera to photograph notes and send to evernote

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

They don't do what you listed, but I used "2Do" and "Due". They are both very high quality GTD / to-do apps nd are very flexible so they will suit your needs. I recommend them if you're willing to spend a few bucks for each.

3. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

thanks for the advice! i find that i usually know what i need to do and when it needs to get done, but i mainly need help actually doing it. i have been testing out a new setup for a few days now, and it is really working well. i have completed a couple of projects, and am currently on a research trip making use of the system again. basically, it involves the ipad, ipod, and bluetooth keyboard. i wrote it up in detail in another post in the ipad forum, where it seemed most appropriate.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13036234&postcount=1

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Why agonizing?

I had a 2nd gen and got a 4th gen, and the difference is like night and day.

The 4 is simply head and shoulders above the 2; so I can't imagine it wouldn't be head, shoulders AND feet above the 1.

5. palpatine thread starter macrumors 68040

i'm not agonizing anymore, because i found a use for the 4g. the problem wasn't whether the 4g was better or not, but rather if it was worth keeping or selling (got in b2s deal free). i already have a computer, ipad, and ipod 1. to make a long story short, i pair it withh my keyboard to type notes, and i read on the ipad. it's working well so far :)