Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Santoanderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hey guys,

I've been reading for a while, and I've anxiously been holding out for the white iPhone 4 since June. Every day, heck, almost every hour I find myself trolling for news, to no avail. I punch in "white iphone" on Google News and inevitably return with a ton of irreputable blog posts touting the imminent release of the White iPhone 4, along with the VeriPhone. A couple of times I've come close to taking the plunge, and buying a black one on Apple.com, but I inevitably repent and promise to just hold on for a little bit longer. (Mostly in part to the current 3 week waiting list.)

My white 3GS is just getting bogged down. It's common to have the thing kick me back to the homescreen, when in Safari, 4 to 5 times a day. IOS4 is really slowing down the processor. The camera quality is starting to annoy me, and the sibling to whom I've promised my current phone when I get my i4 is getting incredibly antsy. On top of all that, I currently have enough in my bank account to get one, but I'm afraid come November and December, Christmas is going to suck my piggy bank dry.

So what do ya'll think? Jump or don't jump?

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
you should probably search 'white iphone 4' on macrumors before google. then you wouldn't have even had to have created a thread on it

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
This again?

I'm happy with my black iPhone. I was sold on a white but now I'm just let down by it all. Black does work with more case colors though.

Santoanderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
you should probably search 'white iphone 4' on macrumors before google. then you wouldn't have even had to have created a thread on it

I've already done it, and appleinsider, and 9to5, and macrumors, and .... the "news" is that there is no news. And besides, I'm not seeing a whole lot of top tier "white iphone" topics on the message boards.

I'm just looking for feedback from owners to see if it's a smart, or stupid idea to go for the black one.

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
I wanted a white one, but I bought a black one about a week after it was released... and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. None of the internals will change and to be honest it's just a preference of color that I did not care much about.

So to answer your question, it is not a stupid idea to go for the white one.

With all that said, it is still up to you if you would want to wait for the white one. No one can tell you what you want.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
instead of waiting why not enjoy yourself?

T.W.S.S.

Sorry couldn't resist. But srsly.
I think there is a pretty good chance we will see it in October. I am waiting to buy another 4 until then. If no white, I will pick up another black one.

iViet

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
i see it like this.........u can wait, but why make urself suffer with no date & outdated phone when the new one will be out next summer with the same color choices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.