Getting tired: On #3 27'' iMac, what should I do?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 53x12, Nov 29, 2009.

1. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

I have read there are a few of you on here that have even had up to 7 or 8 27'' iMacs. So my first iMac would randomly shut down. Called AppleCare and told me to bring it to Apple Store to swap out for another one since it started happening on day 3. 2nd iMac I developed the loud HD noise that is famous on here which the genius said was most likely a loose fan/bearing or bracket of some sort. Swapped out for a new iMac. Now it has been 5 days and I am starting to get the random shut down thing again. Called up AppleCare and they had me to do the PRAM and SMC controller thingy. I am giving this the benefit of the doubt, however have a feeling this won't do anything. While I can go to my local AppleStore to swap out again, I am getting down to the busiest time of the year at work and can't keep affording the time of driving 1.5hrs round trip to the nearest store and waiting the 30min-1hr for me to get the new system. Not to mention the hassle of dragging the 40lbs system to the car and then into the store. Is there any other way that I can do this? Can I ask AppleCare to give me a return label and ship it back after they ship me a new one. I can't really afford being out of a system at this point of the year nor afford the time running back and forth to the store. Between time on the phone and going to the Apple store I have probably spent a good 5-6hrs. I am getting really tired of this. :(

2. sharkync macrumors regular

Keep swapping them out - just fills the refurb store even faster. j/k

Hope you get it sorted.