Getting to the bottom of the battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimmy2tmz, Jul 4, 2007.

1. jimmy2tmz macrumors newbie

Like many others here, I too have noticed problems with the battery life on my wonderful new device. I work 3rd shift and last night I noticed something that I haven't seen mentioned here. I began to notice that my usage time since last charge seemed higher than my actual usage on the phone. So I tested it. I made sure that Wifi and Bluetooth were off and Email was set not to auto check and I put the phone on standby from midnight to 700 EST and did not touch it. When I checked the usage it had gone from 2 hrs (which was a lot more than I actually used) to 3:37. Over an hour and a half of usage and I didn't touch the phone. The battery is now at about 50 % and it has been about 14 hrs since last charge and it says that I have 3 hrs and 50 mins of usage and I pronbaly really used it about 30 mins if that.

Any Ideas????

Anyone...

2. whawhat macrumors 6502

battery not fully charging?

i am also having battery issues. when i first started up my iphone, the battery was about 75% charged. used my iphone until it shut down and left it plugged in/charged overnight. now i turned it on and it's only 75% charge??? it won't charge 100%? any ideas? thanks

3. unity macrumors 6502a

Try a soft re-boot. Press the screen lock button for a few seconds, turn it off, wait a few seconds and hold the screen lock button to turn it back on.

If that does not help, try a hard reset using the home and screen lock button together for several seconds.

Also, if you are charging - make sure it not charging from a computer that may sleep, a sleeping computer will not power the USB port.