Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abecker

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
So I used to have AT&T back in the day with an original iPhone.

After a hiatus with Verizon I've come back for the BlackBerry torch, however I'm stuck in the 2GB plan.

I've read that there's a way to get unlimited back by switching back and forth between phones.

Here's what I have:

1) Original iPhone that's currently used as an alarm clock
2) A sim that shows as "Sim not provisioned" when put into my blackberry. It's my old one from when I had AT&T.

Would I be able to do this shenanigans without dealing with going into an AT&T store? I'm pretty sure they'd know I was up to something since I've made multiple visits there in the past.

drummr

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
This thread has most information you need.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1124040/

The only reason you would need to go to At&t is to get a BRAND NEW sim card, but you can also get them on ebay. But it has to be a 100% never activated sim card.

Edit: Oh, are you wanting to get unlimited on the BB? Not 100% sure the 2g trick works with anything but the iphone, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Instead of activating the 2g then putting it in a 3g iphone, put it in the BB and they should automatically put you on unlimited, assuming it works that is.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.