Getting used to typing on an iPhone 6. Am I alone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ageller, Sep 26, 2014.

1. ageller macrumors newbie

Just got my iPhone 6. Love everything about it; perfect screen size, love the look and feel, everything I just perfect.

On all my iPhone's (I had every model since the 3GS besides the 4S) I could type very quickly and accurately without looking at the keyboard. It didn't take much time for me to get used it to either.

With the 6, I'm making a ton of errors and I can't seem to hit the spacebar all that accurately; I keep hitting "V" or "B". The backspace button is also a huge issue for me. Symbols like the period and semicolon are much harder for me too.

It's annoying because I actually typed quicker on my iPhone that my keyboard because I used my phone all day.

Wondering if anyone else had any issues and if it just took you time to get used to it. It's not a big deal, just annoying.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well actually I find the keyboard to be a lot easier to use due to the bigger size of it. That was the first thing I noticed when I was setting up my iPhone

3. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

4. ageller thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what most of the reviews I read said too. Everyone I know who has an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus says the exact same thing. I think I'm the only person whose actually having trouble with it.

Meh. Hopefully I'll just get used to it.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Two handed use is much easier on the new phones. One handed typing is tougher with the 6 and just about impossible with the 6 plus, but I rarely one hand typed anyway.

For now I've got the 6, but I may opt to get the plus during the S cycle