Resolved Getting users to know about the "[Resolved]" prefix

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by LostSoul80, Sep 1, 2011.

1. LostSoul80, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011

LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Hi,
    I think a lot of users don't know, or don't care, about the "[Resolved]" prefix, a feature I reckon important in the programming sections. So I have two suggestions:
    - create a sticky thread describing the prefix in the Mac programming section
    - create a class of users able to add the prefix when needed.
    What do you think?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Announcements were made when the feature was added; users who choose to ignore it are entitled to do so unless it conflicts with the site's TOS.

3. LostSoul80 thread starter macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The Mac programming section does not have such an announcement.
    Notice that users who use the feature can actually help others, by making the community focused on unsolved threads.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There is a section in FAQ that describes this. Stickies tend to have the same effect as FAQs, nobody reads them.

That would mean adding more moderators, or mini-moderators. Mini-moderator topic has been discussed many times in the past and the administrators (and we moderators too) don't really like it. It's easier to have a group of people who have all the power, instead of making many groups with limited powers.

You can always report a thread if you think it has been resolved and we will add the tag.

AFAIK the announcement was made in Side and Feedback forum (i.e. this one), not in any specific forum. This is the standard for forum-wide announcements.

5. LostSoul80 thread starter macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I asked because I saw it here.

That's totally up to you, the staff. I'm not interested at all. IMO, having people helping out with minor tasks can help you stay focused on bigger troubles. The con of having few people in the staff is, in general, the slowness. But you're good at it, AFAICT.

I'll let others do it. :rolleyes: :)

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Has your question been [Resolved] yet?

7. LostSoul80 thread starter macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I think so. Try reporting to the staff, so they can mark it. Thanks. :D