Getting Very Hot

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Confuzzeled23, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I have had my macbook for a little over a week and I was just wondering about the heat. I have a Aluminum 2.0 Ghz, and I find it getting very hot. For example, I was just playing a flash game in FireFox and the temp went up to 80 degrees and now my fan is spinning at 4117 and climbing to bring it down to about 60 degress (Celsius). I was wondering if this was normal for a Macbook to get hot like this.
    Thanks for any help

PS - I think I removed all the plastic, I know on the white model there was plastic over the vent, however, am i correct when thinking that there is not plastic to remove on the aluminum models vent? Also, where is the vent? lol

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's a computer. They get hot. What do you mean there was plastic over the vents?!

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

There was plastic over the vents of some of the original MacBooks.

80˚C is fine - a badly written Flash game (pretty much anything to do with Flash) will use up multi CPUs which will make it hot. I'm doing a Handbrake encode now (on a MBP) and my CPU is at 81˚C.

4. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for the quick answers. I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my new Macbook.