Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chanhopper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys, first time posting here, thought I'd see if I can get some help on something.

So I'm transferring videos to my iPad and I want to get information for the videos I transfer. Such information is summary of the movie, the actors or maybe a way to separate the video into chapters. I know I can go the hard way and just look for all the information manually but I want to know if there was a more automated way.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Hey guys, first time posting here, thought I'd see if I can get some help on something.

So I'm transferring videos to my iPad and I want to get information for the videos I transfer. Such information is summary of the movie, the actors or maybe a way to separate the video into chapters. I know I can go the hard way and just look for all the information manually but I want to know if there was a more automated way.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

I used to use a program called MetaX where you drag the file into the program, and it'll search for all the metadata you described and more. You check off what information you want and it imports the file directly into iTunes. I believe that there are newer programs that many people use nowadays.

chanhopper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I used to use a program called MetaX where you drag the file into the program, and it'll search for all the metadata you described and more. You check off what information you want and it imports the file directly into iTunes. I believe that there are newer programs that many people use nowadays.

Awesome thanks mrat, I'll check it out right now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.