iPad getting windows contacts to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MiniD3, Apr 2, 2013.

1. MiniD3 macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Hi Guys,
    Mine just did it?
    A friend has a Vista OS and adam internet ISP,

I just cannot get the contacts to sync?

When I hook her iPad up to her laptop, (windows), iTunes says it is syncing contacts but none get across

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Gary

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Did you check iTunes sync settings to make sure that contacts are selected and pulling from the right program (e.g. Outlook)?

3. MiniD3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Thank you for your reply,
    I could not find outlook anywhere in the system but found windows mail,
    I'm unable to get there until next week but will have another look at the iTunes settings
    Regards,
    Gary

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Sounds like her contacts might not be on the computer to sync. You would need something like Outlook or Windows Contacts holding the contacts for iTunes to read it.

And what so you mean by 'Windows Mail'. Is she using an email from Windows (hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com)

If so then her contacts are likely on the server. If so then she might only need to set up that email on her iPad and sync them directly

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1694

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

This.

I keep all my contacts in my hotmail account. Have for years. When I got my iPad I simply set up the hotmail account on and said to sync contacts. That's it, every thing came over fine. And all/any changes made on either one continue to sync. Of course my phone is set up the same way. Everything in sync.

If she simply has her contacts in Outlook I think those can be set to sync with a MS email account. Then simply set up the account on her iPad as stated above.

These days everything if in the cloud. Not sure I'm completely comfortable with it all but having my contacts associated with my email account and having MS store them has actually saved me a couple of times. Very convienient.

6. MiniD3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Thank you for the info,

Unfortunately, she had to fly interstate due to family reasons so I will not see her computer for another week,
    FWIW,
    Her email is just a "normal" email with an ISP,
    I can see her contacts in windows mail,
    I may have to have another look to see where iTunes is syncing them from
    Regards,
    Gary