Getting Wireless Internet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2000ContourSVT, Feb 16, 2008.

1. 2000ContourSVT macrumors member

Hi I'm new here and I'm new to Mac as well. But I'm going to purchase a White MacBook probably next friday and I was wondering if the MacBook will work with a non-Apple wireless router. I have a Netgear 108mbps router that I use for all of the computers in my house and I need it to work with the MacBook as well. Thanks.

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

3. 2000ContourSVT thread starter macrumors member

Cool thats what I was hoping to hear beings I am a college student who doesnt have much money and this Macbook will nearly take all of the money I have at the moment. Thanks.

4. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

It'll work bro.

I had a 2000 SVT Contour myself till I gave it to my sister and bought myself a Subaru WRX STI.

5. 2000ContourSVT thread starter macrumors member

Sweet man. I love the SVT. I too want to get a STI but that will be a while before I get one of them.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not familiar with that router...

but from the sounds of it, you are going to be just fine. Also, the Airport on the MacBook is always searching for the strongest signal when I'm at my two campuses, I even get connectivity when most PC's cannot. You'll also notice that these webpages load really fast while connected directly to your DSL and when on campus WiFi. :cool: